Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Silver this year at Nationals for the USGWA!

Well, I just started working (as if I ever really stopped) again after my Spring Break last week.  I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter Holiday and got to make great new memories with their families. . I personally was going stark raving mad from boredom!!! I thought it would be relaxing to chill at my house with no real obligations for a week, but boy was I wrong. . I guess it's like that line in one the best 80's movies that I still watch way too much, TOP GUN  "You're not gonna be happy unless you're going Mach 2 with your hair on fire."   Maybe that's my problem!  I am an adrenaline junkie now!!  I need action! Satisfaction! I don't know what to do with myself if I am not working hard!  I guess there are worse fates than that to worry about!  Death from slothfulness or something!  I will skid into my grave sideways screaming HOLY SHIT WHAT A RIDE!!!!  How fun!

Anyway, at the beginning of my break I went to Ypsilanti, MI to compete in the open division for the National tournament of the United States Girls Wrestling Association.  I wrestled a great gal named Jenna who drove 7 hours to be there, just because she loves wrestling like I do!  This year I competed in the 121 weight bracket (last year was 135). I won my first folkstyle match ever!  LOL. . The first one that I did against Jeena I was able to reverse her take down and get on top of her for a pin via grapevine. . and then we fought two more times and she pinned me both times. . . LOL. . great matches that I hope to have copies of soon. . But yes, I took a true Silver this year!  I had a blast wrestling and I wish more of the tournaments out there would do an open division for us old farts who just love to wrestle!!!





No comments: