Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

St James Infirmary Blues

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._James_Infirmary_Blues



Well folks, I'm goin' down to St. James Infirmary,
See my little baby there;
She's stretched out on a long, white table,
Well she looks so good, so calm, so fair.

Let her go, let her go, God bless her,
Wherever she may be,
You may search this whole wide world over,
But you'll never find another sweetheart like me.

Take apart your bones and put 'em back together,
Tell your mama that you're somebody new.
Feel the breeze blowin',come on, look out, here it comes,
Now I can say whatever I feel like to you.

Then give me six crap-shootin' pallbearers,
Let a chorus girl sing me a song.
Put a little odds on old Sweet Grace,
Hallelujah, as we go along.
WELL

Well folks, now that you have heard my story,
Say, boy, hand me another shot of that rye;
And if anyone else should ask you,
Just tell 'em I've got some of those St. James Infirmary blues.

No comments: